Learn more about the process of buying a gift, Gift Aid, and how we can help with group donations.
Do you get an actual gift?
When you buy a virtual gift from Christian Aid Charity Gifts, you or your lucky recipient(s) don’t get an actual goat or a pair of chickens (although we know it would be pretty cool if you did).
What you do get for each gift is a physical card. Each card explains a bit more about the gift, and tells a story about someone – a real person – who benefited from a similar contribution.
How does buying a gift work?
- Choose and buy gift(s) for your loved one(s).
- Your money acts as a donation; it goes into a fund for each area of Christian Aid’s work. So if you buy the gift of a goat, your money goes into our Agriculture & Livestock fund, and so on.
- Every gift is represented by a card. You can write a personal message inside it. Then you can arrange to either have it sent to you, or to whoever you’ve bought the gift for.
- The gift delights them and everybody feels good.
- Our local partner uses the money you’ve donated to work on a particular programme or project – like supplying goats to families in Ethiopia.
- The last date for postage before Christmas is 14th December. Any order placed after this will not arrive in time for Christmas.
What about group donations?
We can help out with group donation gifts and send you a printed certificate, but we’re not able to do it online right now.
Please call our Supporter Care team on 01 496 7040